Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Starting Over...................

Not really sure what has been going on with me. No, thats a lie. I use food as a comfort, as a friend. Work has been REALLY F@#KED lately and I have been using food to get me through. Working 16hrs/12hrs and doubling back (work till 1130pm and coming back at 7am) I have turned to food to get me through this.

Knowing that means something has to change, so I have to "man up" and take this by the horns before all of this kills me.

So, in an effort to right this sinking ship I call my weight loss battle, I am signing up with Weight Watchers. Yes, my first meeting is in two days, Thursday @ 6pm. Now I know what you are saying "WW is not alone going to work", yes I know and thanks for sharing. I will be also focusing on my work outs.

Everything starts with baby steps:
*Begin the Weight Watchers Program and faithfully record & journal my daily calorie intake.
*Begin a program of excerise. Beginning with a walking program with a goal:
Goals to include: I am signing up for 5k events starting in May and will do two a month, will be doing local health walks (MS walk for example). This way by paying for these events I will help to maintain my motivation as I hate to waste money and I get the benefit of the excerise.

I have also joined a contest at work. Our own version of the Biggest Loser Couples. I am paired up with a fellow nursing supervisor and if we win we split $500.00.

Mainting this blog also helps me to maintain an avenue of sharing my frusttraions and joys as I begin my quest for a Fit and Healthy me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome back to the track.
sounds like you have written yourself a very do-able care plan.
I like the real life Biggest Loser Challenge and to do it as a pair is a great idea - makes you accountable to someone besides yourself!
Good luck with your goals - it's great that you are back to taking care of yourself too!

Quick weight loss diets said...

Great data for all.Amazing!Love this post!Million thanks.So helpful to all