Sunday, August 5, 2007

I needed this!

I awoken to my alarm going off at 0445 this am. I was up and out the dorr to drive the hour and 20 minutes to go to Cleveland to watch the Cleveland Trialthon. It was cool about 69 F and gray overcast skies with a few drops of rain. But man it was freaking awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stayed and watched the different waves from the Supersprint to the Olympic class. Saw the start jumping off the pier and watched different people in the transistion area and the finish. So, I go watch the super sprint finsh and there are a couple big guys like me and I watch these guys and damn it.......................my eyes welled and the tears just started to flow. I kept thinking pull yourself together you big wus. I guess it was thinking that next season thats me!!!!!

The swim was smooth water inside a breakwater off Lake erie. Then on the bikes its up hill to you turn onto the shoreside freeway that they closed and the run....you finish in front of the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame. It seemed to work real nice for everyone. Everyone was smiling and laughing. Man..I wish that could be me.

Can I do this? Yes I Can!!!! I Will Do It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay down another 2 lbs this week. Eat really lousy the past couple of days, went to a wedding and had a beer or two, and maybe even had a rum and coke, but only one!

Today NBC is replaying the Ironman World Championship....will watch that!!!!!!!! I also found this really cook link: http://www.youtube.com/IronmanTriathlon a collection of Ironman related videos on YouTube.

Going to step up my workouts this week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 comments:

bigmike600 said...

You got the fever now. Set your goals high and don't let nothin stand in your way. You can do it. It's obviouls you want it bad.

Unknown said...

Yes you can do it - absolutely. No get out there and get going, that's all there is to it.

Pat said...

The Ironman from Kona was awesome. I hope you got to watch it.

Duane said...

You can do it! Go, go, go!

Unknown said...

Your fan club wonders where ya been..........

Dan Seifring aka "OBRATS" said...

You will do it Steve. And we all will be there for you.

Pat said...

how's the runnin' coming along? I just finished a 5k, you should check out my race report.