Monday, July 23, 2007

How is this possible????

Been looking at fitday and calorieking and when I enter my weight/height/age/sex they both state that for an hour of jogging even at a snails pace I am burning (they came up with different amounts) between 675 to 900 caloris burned. I know that we burn up calorise and it depends on the activity/time/body makeup etc.

But over 600 to 900 calories burned sounds too high??????????

Didn't go to the bike shop this weekend. My wife and I went to a local park and spent the day hiking around the various trails. Nice Ohio summer day!!!!!!! Had stopped and picked up a Subway sandwich and had a picnic.

5 comments:

Pat said...

Everyone should enjoy their workouts and hiking on a summer day can't be beat. Glad you had a good time. I always heard that one mile ran will burn 120 calories, but if you're heavier you'll burn more.

I guess it's all guess work in the end.

pat

bigmike600 said...

I have read the same stuff as Pat. I know that there are websites out there that have you enter height and weight and what you did for exercise and the effort level and then it will calculate. Either way you are still going strong and doing awesome.

Dan Seifring aka "OBRATS" said...

I am a Calorie King member and they always had a higher calorie count for exercise than my HR monitor had (Polar f6). I also think my Garmin software has a high calorie burn as well.

Unknown said...

My Garmin estimate is high, I have found fitday is the lowest estimate of caloric output so i usually go with that.

Shump said...

Sound like a good workout to me. You are doing great!