Thursday, June 21, 2007

Better day today.

First, I would like to thank the people that have left comments and both of the Wimmers for their e-mails. Thanks for the encouraging words!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay today was weigh in day.....................drum roll please..............................4lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know its not setting records, but I am losing. Down 16lbs 4 weeks. Been doing my mile a day routine. Found a training program "The Couch to 5K Running Plan" on http://www.coolrunning.com/

Set a goal for this fall:
Susan G Komen Run for the Cure 5k walk/run Date: September 15 in Cleveland, Ohio.
It is a great cause being a RN and also something that this big guy could do.

Changed the look I think it is a little easier to read.

5 comments:

bigmike600 said...

Baby steps. Just think 16 pounds overall. If you can even lose just 8 pounds a month for the next 11 months you will be at 104 pounds lost. That is a BIG deal. Keep it up Steve. Stick with it. You can do it. The hard part is over because you have decided to change your lifestyle. You are not on a diet...You are on the road to a better life.

Dan Seifring aka "OBRATS" said...

Steve as far as I am concerned couch to 5K from cool running is the best and I might not be where I am today had I not been introduced to it. Trust me I am proof that the program works.

Unknown said...

Down is down, no worries man.
I used that 5K plan myself to work into running and it is really a great tool to get you going.
Good work dude!

Pat said...

You'll love the Race for a Cure race, if it's anything like the one in Arizona. Lots of people and you get a t shirt.

pat

Unknown said...

4 pounds is great! Congrats on the weight loss. I personally know how difficult it is. I know there are super clydesdales out there but I am not so sure there are many super athenas like myself out there (over 300). I have my first multisport event on Sunday, and 750meter open water swim, and an 18.8 mi bike.