Monday, June 4, 2007

Day One No More Big Guy


Well today marks day one in the journey to a better fit and healthy me. My name is Steve . I am 45 years old, married to Jodi, have two children Samm & TJ. Oh yeah and my dog Shasta. And if I didn't tell you, I am overweight. I hate the term obese. I work as a RN and I hate writing that word when writing my assessment of a patient. Thats me on the right the big guy with glasses. (My daughter graduated from high school yesterday, I am very proud of her. She is planning to go into Nursing, following in her father and her mother (mom is also a RN) footsteps. The goof ball on the left is my son TJ.


My intent with this blog is to keep a running journal of my weight loss success and failures as I work to become healthy and fit.


MY PLAN:
Follow a healthy diet, by using the Weight Watchers plan. Combined with a healthy dose of exercise.
My Goal:
Summer 2008 run in a local 5k !!!!!!!!
Stay tuned and wish me luck and success!!!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree - I hate to call anyone obese. Even though it is a clinical term, it is far too overused by the general public as a adjective that somehow defines a persons worth. I think it is the tone of voice people use when they say it. Anyhow, thats a hot button issue for me.
You seem to have the right attitude and determination to be successful - from experience, thats half the battle. I wish you continued success and I hope you enjoy your new losses and your fitness improvements as they happen. Enjoy it and be proud of yourself!

Pat said...

Now that's a good looking family. I'll check back on your blog. I love to follow success stories. If you haven't yet, you should see J-wim's blog (and her husbands) they are a tru inspiration. My blog is somewhat interesting too. Just click on our names in blue and read, read, read.

I have my favorite blogs listed on the right. check them out, their good.

What part of Ohio do you live in? I grew up in cincy, but live in Arizona now.

pat